Monday, August 21, 2006

Butternut Farm Outing

Hi, Kajijis! I’ve heard reports from some of you that my last couple of emails have not reached you! I’m so sorry about that – I’ve been using a different email which I will not use anymore, I guess. :-/ So no, I have not abandoned my post or forgotten all about you, and I feel sad that my invitations to the last couple weeks of meetings have not reached you. If you have not received my emails, I apologize - we have missed you! Last week we went to Butternut Farm for PYO fruit which was fabulous and abundant in quantities of peaches, plums, blueberries, apples, raspberries, tomatoes, etc. Since most of you missed it, I’d like to try again next week. Most of the local farms are done with their PYO season, however Butternut Farm seems like a wonderful, family-friendly farm with copious amounts of fruit still available to be picked so please join us on Friday, September 1st for PYO fruit. Check out the variety of fruits and get directions at their website www.butternutfarm.net.

This Friday we’d like to meet somewhere outside, however we’re keeping an eye on the weather as it looks cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms. I’ll keep you updated and decide our location as we get closer to Friday. If someone would like to volunteer their backyard with the chance of needing to move indoors, that would be great too – just let me know.

I look forward to seeing you all again regularly as school gets underway and Autumn approaches. Have a great week!

Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...