Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart…1

As we reflect on all we are thankful for this week, I offer up a prayer of thanks for you - for all of us proud to call ourselves “Kajiji Girls”. When I think of our group, one of the things I love most is the variety of backgrounds we have and the number of churches represented in our little group – Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox. Our diversity is our greatest strength, in my opinion. Listening to others views, beliefs, ideas and suggestions has been enormously valuable in my life and fellowshipping with you has been the highlight of each week. God has used the group to challenge, inspire and encourage me, and I’ve heard the same from many of you. I feel our small community is a true representation of the Church. So while you eat turkey with your family whom you’re grateful for, remember that we are family as well and God is thankful for you!

By the way, Erin sent me this great article that I thought some of you might enjoy as well. It speaks of feeling thankful in a more simplified existence without much money (something a lot of us can relate to!). Click here to read it: http://www.mothering.com/articles/growing_child/consumerism/penniless-blessed.html.
Happy Thanksgiving!!


With thanks,
Crystal

P.S. We will not be meeting this Friday of course, due to the holiday, however we’ll resume again on Friday, December 1st.



1 Philippians 1:2-7a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...