Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Recommended Verses

Kajijis,
Last week we brought some verses with us that we’ve either posted in our houses or are favorites to repeat to our children. Erin took notes for us and wrote the verses down so I could share them with you. I’ll include Erin’s notes here.

The following verses were recommended for posting by Caroline, Kim & Shawna:

Proverbs 3:3
Mark 9:35, 37
John 15:9-10a, 13
Galatians 5:13-14, 6:9
Philippians 2:14
Philippians 4:6-7
Colossians 3:20, 23-25

Equally helpful was a discussion about introducing Scriptures to our little ones. Here are some of the ideas we shared in this regard:

· Read a children's book that features Bible verses such as:
My ABC Bible Verses: Hiding God's Word in Little Hearts
Susan HuntCrossway Books / 1998 / Hardcover

· Work through a curriculum such as: the ABC's of God's Attributes by John Piper (I looked for this on www.DesiringGod.com and couldn't find it - Shawna, can you help?)

· Post verses at their eye level that are specifically for them. I will add to this idea - post verses for all of your family members as little love notes to them - I think my mother-in-law would be pleasantly surprised by this one!

If you have any additional Scriptures or ideas along this vein, I hope you will share them with us! Looking forward to seeing you all on Friday!

Erin


I’ve attached a document with the above verses typed up so you may print them out and post them, if you desire. As I was doing my research, I came across a couple of verses from The Message that I thought might be good for posting so I’ve added them - I really like the modern perspective on them.

For those of you who weren’t able to make it, please feel free to email your ideas, verses, suggestions, etc. to me, and I will share them with the group. We are always grateful for help in this area! Thank you, Shawna for hosting!! We’ll be meeting at Caroline’s house this Friday around 10am, and we’ll discuss what we are thankful for as well as Thanksgiving traditions your family enjoys.

God bless,
Crystal

P.S. We won’t be meeting on next Friday, the 24th as next week is Thanksgiving. We’ll resume again on Friday, December 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...