Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fireproof

I don't know if you've heard the buzz about this new movie coming out called Fireproof. Made by the creators of Facing the Giants and starring Kirk Cameron (who since "Growing Pains" has become very involved in evangelical Christian ministry), it looks very promising. Christian leaders are encouraging others to go and see this movie thereby giving support to movies with good morals and uplifting messages. Jimmy Evans from Marriage Today writes this:

Fireproof is an inspirational story about a fireman, Kirk Cameron, who is fighting to save his own marriage. As he accepts a challenge from his father and embarks on a forty-day “love dare,” his eyes are opened to his own shortcomings, and his marriage is miraculously healed.

Every couple will benefit from seeing this movie. You also might know of another couple who needs to see Fireproof. Be sure to tell your friends, neighbors, co-workers, and family about this exciting movie. Who knows? You might just save a marriage!

I know all of us have grieved at times over the number of immoral and violent movies coming out that glorify evil and mock biblical morality. We need to understand that it is purely an economic issue. When movie producers know people will pay to see a particular type of movie, they make more of them.

Aside from the help to our own marriages, we need to support Fireproof to help the makers of this movie profit and also to send a message to Hollywood that other moviemakers need to follow suit. Only the Lord knows how many marriages and families have been destroyed by unrighteous movies. Maybe this can be the beginning of a new era of filmmaking that actually builds families and encourages couples to make their marriages work.

Now I don't usually promote movies, TV shows or other entertainment on this blog, but I would be remiss in not letting you know about this opportunity to support something good coming out of Hollywood as well as the opportunity it presents to potentially help a marriage, be it yours or a friend of yours. Check out the trailer and pencil in a date night with your husband or a night out with your friends. And let me know what you think!



4 comments:

  1. So should we try to go as a "group" of couples, or just individually? I'd be up for sponsoring a trip to The Gaslight in Portsmouth after ($100 limit) so we could all chat about it - our spouses might benefit from hearing everyone elses reaction over a drink or two! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Michelle! Michael and I are up for it. Let's pick a day and time and see who else is interested...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about the movie, I'm looking forward to going and seeing it as is my husband (I don't know the last time we went and saw a movie together!)What is The Gaslight? Just curious. I know I've met some of you Kajiji girls and am hopping to see/meet you on Thurs. nights for Faithbooking if I ever make it. I'm having a really hard time concentrating lately and will really have to try hard when it comes to this journaling. Sorry this is so long.
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanne,
    I know what you mean! I've been so brain-dead lately that I know this faithbooking project, though I'm excited about it, will be very challenging for me as well. So don't worry about feeling like the only one on that front! The Gaslight is a restaurant in Ports. I know it's probably a bit far for you to travel simply for a movie, but you're welcome to join us once we set a date and time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...