Friday, December 19, 2008

My Morning

Thump. Thump. Thump. Soft padding of little feet coming downstairs.

The chatter of little voices. Crying. I hear crying.

I slowly become aware of being conscious and ohhhh...my head!

Getting out of bed.

Uh, nope! NOT getting out of bed.

Can't open my eyes, can't breathe out my nose, and is that a gosh darn headache? I must've gotten Jayce's cold. I sense my husband has, like me, chosen to stay under the covers.

"Honey, can you go get the baby?"

"...and change his diaper?"

"...and feed him breakfast?"

"...and stay home and take care of me too?"

Wait, I have Kajijis this morning. It's our holiday party. I have some things to bring...and food. Oh, the food's soooo yummy! It's nice to have, at least, one morning off from making breakfast. Wasn't Erin going to make that Spicy Corn Casserole today? Yummm-O!

Gotta get up. Where are the tissues?? Ugh...what is it about colds that make your eyes tear up and leak almost as bad as your nose? I just know this cold is going to morph into a bad cough from the sounds of Jayce. There's nothing worse than coughing yourself awake ten times a night.

Shower. A shower will help.

I can't believe I feel like *crumb*, and yet I'm getting dressed up. Not my typical attire for the day either like jeans or yoga pants, but an actual skirt and soft pretty sweater.1 And I can't forget my high-heeled, pointy-toed boots that I can barely walk in. What am I thinking??

It's Kajijis Day today! That's what I'm thinking. Even when I feel like this, I'm lucky enough to look forward to my KGs every Friday. Every Kajiji Girl is awesome - they're all such a great group of women. I'm blessed to be able to call them...ACHOO!!...friends.

Well, time to go.

Wait, I can't forget the coffee!

...and flavored creamers...

...and banana cake...wait, where's the chocolate?

Oh, right, the kids too.

"Everybody ready?"

I have to chuckle at the kids speedily getting their jackets and shoes on. They're just as excited as I to get out of the house and go play with friends.

"Jayce, hand me a tissue, will you?"


1. Dressing up is not required but is rather the exception.

1 comment:

  1. This was great. I have lived this WAY too many mornings in the past couple of weeks as my cold lingers - and lingers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...