Monday, May 29, 2006

Time with a Friend

Hi, Kajiji Girls! I feel like it’s been forever since we’ve all met up and fellowshipped together (I know it’s only been a couple of weeks!). Of course, now that my husband’s graduation from law school is over and all the out-of-town relatives have left, I feel like my life is almost back to normal and my brain can start focusing on other things again – like getting together with all of you again! I’ve missed all of you and am hoping that we can all start making it a priority to get together. As school comes to a close over the next month and summer starts, it might be harder for some of you to make our groups or it might make life a bit easier. However our schedule changes, I hope that we recognize how crucial our “Kajiji Girl” time is for ourselves. If we see it as a sacred time to fulfill the needs and desires within us for female companionship, we will be better wives, better moms, better women.

We sit surrounded by words,
Shelves upon shelves
Of words.
Our conversation seems to compete
With all this communication.

I see sitting across from me a smile
That I should see more of,
The subtle wrinkles around
Her eyes more pronounced,
Her teeth showing in laughter.

Our conversation seems, at times
Too irreverent for
These surroundings,
The conversation of
Friends,
The slang of
Silliness.

This communication is something
Very important,
Not for the
Words it contains,
Not for the thoughts
Expressed,
But good for the soul.

Time With A Friend ~ Judith Erl

You all are good for my soul. I hope to see you all over the next few Fridays. Let me know if you’ll be able to come this week - we’ll be meeting at my house.

Love,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...