Friday, March 15, 2013

Clothinng - 1 Week - Backfire

So after being at this for one week, there are a few thoughts swimming around in my brain.

1. I'm sick of wearing this stuff.

2. When this is over I need to go clothing shopping.

Rest assured I am just as aghast at that 2nd item as you may be. What? Go shopping?! Obviously I am missing the point. But here's the deal. I own one pair of jeans. I think I may be the only American who fits this category. ONE PAIR. And the pair I do have were hand-me-downs. I think a second pair might be in order. If for no other reason than I am realizing the serious "Go-to" potential of jeans. Don't know what to wear? Jeans. Going out on the town? Jeans and a dressy shirt with some bling. Staying home for the day? Jeans and a fleece pull over. They really are the be-all-end-all of a wardrobe. Who knew?

I also own one pair of yoga pants. Yoga pants are the yuppie-version of the pajama jean. Once again, you can pair them with anything. Plus, if you splurge and get the shinier, spandexier kind, you can get away with wearing them all the time, without looking like you are in your PJs or on the way to the gym, which is the only thing I use my current pair for. I am beginning to figure out how much I am missing in that setting that limitation. Seriously.

And the third item I have added to my shopping list is a good, personally fitted bra.  I went and watched a video about how to be properly fitted and the difference a quality bra can make.  So now I've had it with misshapen cups, falling down straps and bent-to-heck clasps. I think the last time I bought a bra was about a decade ago and was probably purchased at TJ Maxx.  It's time, Ladies.

I'm keeping my list handy for additional shopping inspiration as we head into our second week. Only our SECOND WEEK. This might turn into a more expensive experiment than I estimated.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...