Monday, March 11, 2013

Mutiny Against Excess Experiment (Crystal's Clothing)

This month, as you've probably read, we're diving into the book, Seven: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess.  Since we're doing the Clothing month first, we've decided to share our allowable list of clothing for the month.  Some of us are doing other things such as only wearing clothes we haven't worn in more than a year,etc.  I'm really looking forward to hearing about others' experiences.  I started my "month" on Sunday this week and am on my second day.  Here's my rundown of clothing items I've chosen for my Seven experiment this month:

  1. One pair of jeans
  2. One pair of pajama jeans (should I be embarrassed about this? Hey, they're really comfy!)
  3. A long-sleeve white shirt
  4. A short-sleeve slate grey top (will usually be layered with #3 white shirt)
  5. A long-sleeve navy top
  6. A long-sleeve teal decorated top
  7. One button-down "blouse"
  8. My slippers (what I wear all day every day)
  9. Black shoes
  10. Green fleece zip-up jacket
  11. Winter wool jacket
  12. Gloves & scarf (can I combine these two things or is that cheating?)
  13. One set of pajamas
  14. A 'duster-type" sweater
I have not included my underwear, socks or the camisoles I wear for nursing purposes.  Because I nurse and have a toddler, I find that I need extra layers and my clothes don't stay clean very long due to sticky fingers, stains, etc. (which is why I've chosen maybe one or two tops more than usual).  I almost didn't include a scarf, however since most of my tops are nothing like turtlenecks (again because of nursing), I'm allowing myself the warmth of a scarf when I step outside.  I've also decided against jewelry and am only leaving my crummy stainless steel studs in my ears (so they don't close!).  I'm sure I'll have my own questions as I go along as to what is or is not allowed.  I'm looking forward to seeing what this experiment will teach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...